Apply for KCHA Scholarships
The Kent County Hospitality Association can award up to four (4) scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,000 to qualified students enrolled in Hospitality and/or Food Service Programs at accredited Michigan institutions for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Click the button below to fill out the application form online. Please be sure to have your supporting materials available to attach to the application. Scholarships will be awarded in April or May.
Download PDF Application
Prefer to submit a paper application? You can choose to download a PDF application to complete and mail to us. Click the link below to visit our Member Resources page where you will find the current scholarship application materials.
How Do I Qualify?
Students pursuing an education in hospitality, tourism and food service are eligible to receive a Kent County Hospitality Association scholarship.
- Student must be enrolled in the Hospitality, Travel/Tourism and/or Food Service program at their respective college, university or institution.
- Student must have an accumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Student must be in at least his/her second year of the program.
- Student must have a minimum of 500 hours of practical on-the-job experience (paid or un-paid internships are acceptable) in his/her field of study.
- Student must provide a current resume.
- Student will be required to submit a one page essay explaining why he/she should receive a KCHA scholarship, outlining both educational and career goals for the year.
- Student may be asked to attend a KCHA meeting during the course of the year to provide a follow up report to the board about their previous year’s educational and career experiences.
- Students may reapply in future years for available scholarships.
- Universities may endorse up to four (4) students each year for one of the available scholarships.